There are many things that the Trust get involved in…not just raising money for various good causes, although this is one of our aims. We are a means of communication between supporters and the club staff & Directors, and we like to think that we are available to field questions from our members via the Trust desk before Saturday home matches, via our web-site or by e-mail.
Here are some of the things we worked on during the 2014/15 year
- Met with the club Directors… discussed various projects and organised the Fans Forum
- Agreed to be the sponsors of two players; Bastien Hery & Callum Camps
- Consulted with supporters over the proposed decision to close the Sandy Lane End for friendly matches. After our input, it was decided to keep the terrace open.
- Launched Trust membership for 2014/15 with Trust week.
- Held a consultation evening for supporters to air their views on many subjects
- Launched the Director for a Day idea
- Fans Forum in the players lounge, which was introduced by the Trust
- Launched Trustickers which has proved to be very popular with supporters
- Continued our close involvement with Dale Supporters Team; we sponsor their kit & promote their games
- Agreed to sponsor the Teamsheets; an excellent addition for supporters in the Ratcliffe/Dale Bar before games.
- Published a report on Helen Whittakers trip to Uganda, where she donated hundreds of shirts to local Schools. We were proud to have co-ordinated the collection of these shirts for her.
- Issued a statement regarding the Clubs proposed purchase of the Stadium shares, had a reply from the Council and had several meetings with Councillors & The MP.
- Held the August player of the month competition
- Awarded player of the Month for August The lucky winner was presented with a signed shirt.
- Competition to win a Book
- Regular reports on the Supporters Team matches
- Attended and exhibited at the Rochdale Online Business Exhibition.
- September POTM draw held
- September POTM presentation made
- Donated a signed shirt to be auctioned in aid of Bury Hospice… it raised £40 and the buyer was a Dale fan!!
- Held update meeting with Keith Hicks from FITC, and published their updates on the web site
- Announced the FITC 5 a side tournament which has been well attended in the past.
- October Player of the month
- Presented POTM for October
- Held the 5 a side competition. Thanks to Keith Hicks for organising this. It raised £330 for our chosen charity Springhill Hospice.
- Plans made for the AGM in December
- November POTM.
- November POTM awarded.
- Plea made for additional Trust Board members/volunteers
- AGM held in Studds Bar
- New Board member co -opted
- Two more Trust Board members announced
- December POTM presented
- Final Match Ball Sponsorship held for members
- Plans drawn up for the Race Night
- January POTM
- POTM for January awarded
- Exiles day announced and plans drawn up
- Dale in the Community updates given
- Meeting with Directors/questions from members submitted, with answers published on website
- Thankyou from Grow for Joe received
- POTM for Feb
- POTM for February awarded
- Sponsors announced for Trust Race night
- Horses auction starts for Race night
- Race night held…raised over £500 for Trust funds despite poor numbers on night.
- Exiles Day held…over 35 Exiles entertained
- POTM for March
- POTM for March presented
- Player of the season vote launched
- End of Season Awards night plans drawn up
- End of season awards night held
- Supporters' Player of the Year awarded to Ian Henderson
- Changes to the Trust web site announced
Hopefully this will give people a snippet of some of the things we get involved with… In reality, there are plenty more things that we do, and countless informal meetings, Open days etc. we work with all departments of the club and are very pleased that communication between ourselves, club staff, Directors, and most importantly, our members, is good.
We strive to be open with our members, and will continue to report on events and plans for the forthcoming year.
If you feel that you could offer help, assistance or would like to join us, then please let us know.
Chair Dale Supporters Trust.